In the course of the last a few years, the web-based betting industry has developed by a wide margin. Be that as it may, web based betting started in 1994 with the Free Trade and Processing Zone Act passed by the legislature of Antigua Barbuda. Numerous online gambling clubs today still work under this enactment.
This article will display the features in the historical backdrop of internet betting from its first opening in 1994 until the end of 2003.
Micro gaming was founded this year, which is one of the most successful and largest software developers and suppliers for the online gambling market.
This year saw the birth of Cryptologic, a company that is designed to develop software packages that can process transactions securely.
– Boss Specialtidningar AB begins developing an online casino operationsystem.
– Microgaming starts to concentrate on the evolvement of web-based casino technology.
– Intercasino initiates operations and claims to be the first web casino to take-in real currency for wager.
– Boss Casinos’ development (later transferred to Boss Media AB) is set up in Antigua Barbuda.
– Antigua Barbuda becomes one of the few nations to permit online gambling.
– Microgaming launches its first online progressive jackpot slot, called Cash Splash.
– The Internet Gambling Prohibition Act is brought into the United States, which fails to pass.
– The gaming industry starts to generate $834.5 million in profits.
-Lasseter’s goes online as the first Australian-licensed Internet casino.
– Approximately 700 Internet casinos were estimated to be taking bets online.
– New gaming software launched having multi-player functionality, allowing multiple players to play together and chat while involved in the game online.
– The Australian Federal Government passes the Interactive Gambling Moratorium Act, making it illegal for any online casino to operate if not licensed and operating before May 2000. Incidentally, under the new legislation,Lasseter’s Online becomes the sole online casino allowed to function in Australia.
– 680,000 customers approx. were estimated to be using e-payment systems for Internet betting.
– Gibraltar and the Isle of Man start offering online sports betting licenses.
– About 8 million people had gambled online with real money by this time.
– Licensed online casinos can legally operate out of Nevada, due to new Nevada legislation.
– The first ever win of over $1 million was won in an online casino jackpot.
– eCOGRA (eCommerce and Online Gambling Regulation and Assurance) established, that aims to regulate strict security and safety guidelines for member websites.
– An anti-gambling bill is passed in the US House of Representatives, making it illegal for payment processing companies to facilitate gambling transactions done via the web.
– “Live Gaming” is launched as a real-time, video-streamed game with live dealers and the ability to play solo and chat with the dealer.